Traditionally, yoga is the ability to meditate. Patanjali has defined yoga as a “stop maslobazovaya”. In a classic, traditional — way — more important than anything sedentary, meditative poses. Today is, of course, not the core practices, but a kind of text, the test of achievement in yoga in General. If these poses do not work, they need to pull:
1. Padmasana — “Lotus Position”. Very stable meditative posture, which works best with human energy (prevents the outflow of energy). If this position turns out, and comfortable — we can assume that the way to a good meditation passed, and pranayama will come out better.
2. Siddhasana — “Perfect posture” (or “Pose perfection” or “perfect Pose of the sage” — Siddha). Another optimal posture; redirects the energy from the sexual centers to the top. Also suitable for meditation and pranayama.
3. Svastikasana — “Twisted pose (the Pose of the swastika”, “Holy pose”) — a kind of compromise position: it is much easier than Padmasana, but also quite stable. Good for pranayama and meditation, if not a Lotus.
4. Sukhasana — “Easy” or “Easy” pose. Good because it is easy to accept. But for long sitting (if you don’t use extra props), it is not suitable.
5. Sirsasana — “Stand on head”. Considered the most important yoga pose because it activates the Sahasrara-chakra “crown chakra”, which gives spiritual experiences. In practice, this position but a few people do,and even fewer who can do it safely for the neck. It is important to note that, if improperly performed, unbeknownst to the practitioner, injured cervical vertebrae! This position, it is important to learn under the guidance of a specialist in personal work.
6. Sarvangasana (the”shoulderstand”) and Viparita-karani asana (“Inverted mental posture”). Lightweight replacement Sirsasana — also the inverted position of the body, but without (traumatic!) the rigid support on the top. There are even more safe, lightweight variations of these two poses, using props (blankets, blocks, even chairs). There are, conversely, more athletic and risky variations of poses.
The Central part of the modern yoga practices are postures such as:
7. Paschimottanasana — “Posture is stretching the back.” A fairly relaxed posture that helps calm the mind. In the method of Victor Boyko from this position always starts the activity that helps to achieve a meditative state immediately, in the first minutes of the lesson. It is believed that this pose awakens the Kundalini energy.
8. Bhujangasana — “Cobra Pose” (of a snake). If performed correctly, are useful for the lower back (otherwise harmful). Relieves tension from the lower part of the pelvis, which is typical for most modern people. It includes the Svadhisthana-chakra.
9. Chandrasana — “Polymastic” (“Stand with standing on the shoulders”) — also a pose for relaxation of the lower torso. Can run very long, “through love” (V. Raich), healthy sexuality. Activates the manipura-chakra.
10. Dhanurasana — “bow Pose”. Useful for the back, activates simpatichnuyu system, invigorates. Has a restorative nature. Improves digestion. Active “includes” the Manipur (and a plus — Anahata).
11. Salabhasana — “locust Pose”. Another valuable posture for the back. Working mainly in its lower part, the loins. Power, active and invigorating pose.
12. Matsyendrasana Ardha Is “Half twisted pose” (aka “Half-pose of the sage Matsyendranath”). One of the most photogenic, the “brand” of Hatha yoga. Releases tension from the shoulders, lower back, abdomen. Creates a slight twisting of the housing. Affects the manipura-chakra. It is important to do this pose is static and rasslablenno, or “fly” back.
13. Shashankasana — “rabbit Pose (Pose of the moon”) – in Satyananda yoga one of the most important, as it promotes total relaxation, effecu similar to Shavasana, it is possible to do as relaxation. There is a strong variant of this position, which significantly strengthens the back. Uspokaivaet mind. Another good pose with the same effect — “Saikali-asana (the Pose of the resting animal”), also specific to Satyananda yoga.
14. Matsyasana — “fish Pose” — is interesting not only disclosure of the shoulder of the housing, and relaxation of the waist, but vozdeistviem on the endocrine — hormonal system. One of the key positions that affect the person “from within”, awakening the true potential of yoga.
We must not forget (15) Savasana — after all, exercise is always necessary to complete relaxation! This can be done by itself — for relaxation, “nerves”, and for setting a meditative mood before practice.
To master these and other poses best yoga under the supervision of a teacher. Subsequently, you will learn basic yoga skills and techniques for safe and will be able to study independently.
Yoga exercises are not designed for the treatment of any disease. If there are limitations to exercise (and hence yoga!) it is necessary to consult a physician.